Thursday, January 18, 2007

Watch out America!!!

Well, I've given in and booked the flight to go back to the States in June/July time. I was going to hold out as long as possible but there were 2 factors

1) The prices were steadily rising o the flights and they've just announced that they're going to be increasing the cost of passenger tax from £40 to £80. This will be introduced next month but it will be retrospective, so we're probably going to have to pay another £40 on the £370 that we paid today just to leave the country.

2) Dad is coming with me this year and I knew the longer I left it, the more likely he'd be to get cold feet....so now he can't back out of it.

Am still in a bit of shock that Dad is going to see where i lived for a year; visit my old stomping ground and get to tour Chicago; but it's gonna be so cool!!!

Roll on June 21st!!!!

~Blessings~

1 comment:

jen said...

Yeah! We'll get to see you again!