Sunday, January 21, 2007

OK, how does this happen!

I went upstairs to change my bed linen and put some washing on.....once I'd done the bed linen though I started sorting out some paperwork.....I then looked in my hanging space which is to the left of this picture and began to see things that need to go to the charity shop so started sorting some of those things out......sadly half way through I got distracted and got my clarinet out.....I then went on the hunt for my music books but ended up sorting out my craft items in the process and finding some old journals!! And that is where you find me now.....on the couch with old memories and even my leaving book from Denbigh High School 1997.

The memories in there are so rich and I am so different to the person that was in those pages. Those impresssions that people had of me where of someone dealing with the grief of losing a parent 18 months ago, trying to find their identity in a group, gaining confidence through alcohol in most situations and trying to figure out how I was going to go to University in 3 months and leave my Dad.......Wow, I am so different to that person now. Part of growing up I suppose but also choices and paths that I've chosen within my life......I might e-mail some of the guys with their comments from the book, very funny and will crack them up!

~blessings~

1 comment:

jen said...

I totally know the feeling. You finally try to do something productive, but then end up in a bigger mess than you started with!