Sunday, January 07, 2007

Ugly Betty and my thoughts

Have any of you caught this programme?

Am watching their pilot episode on Channel 4 at the moment.....and don't know how much more I can watch!! The programme is just brutal and I know in some way illustrates how shallow the fashion world can be, it just hurts to see how badly people can be treated because they don't look a certain way or wear specific clothes.

Got me thinking about what is my heart; in that situation it's definitely to stick up for the underdog, my heart just breaks when others are treated like this, maybe because it has happened to me......it was amazing how much it hit me in the gut watching this programme and when you hear the stories of some of the guys in the youth group that have been bullied because they're too tall, too short, too skinny, too big, red hair, blond hair, braces, glasses etc etc. How did we get to a point where all of these things were unacceptable? Where society had decided that you were a freak if you were in any of these categories. Recently I overheard a conversation between 2 people where it was obvious that one of them had the attitude (whether subconscious or not) that if you were overweight there was no way that a good looking guy was going to desire you or want to marry you. What saddened me is this was a Christian........surely we are called to look deeper, too appreciate everyone, to honour, encourage and recognise every person, Christian or not, for the individuality that God has created in each person. Will we ever get to a point where people are accepted for who they are as a person and not for how they look?

OK, thoughts in this subject over! ;-)

Another thing that I realised is that I have changed what I post and how I use my blog. Recently I've been using it more as an update of pictures and haven't really written about things that have challenged or inspired me......procrastination and lack of motivation I think have played a part but also I don't know who reads this any more. Are people interested in my musings are would they be purely self indulgent? Do I hold somethings back as I'm nervous about revealing more of my true self? Hmmm.......something to think about and challenge myself on, but am determined that in 2007 I want to post more, be more honest and write about the quirky little things as well as the big things that happen!

Off to look at Japanese tea sets now on e-bay.......You have me loving Japanese stuff after being at your house for Thanksgiving Amy and the Christmas gifts you sent!!

~Blessings~

No comments: