Thursday, August 03, 2006

My week

It's been such a great week and God has blessed me in so many ways.

Last Thursday I managed to catch up with a friend that I haven't seen for a couple of months, Catherine. We went round to Sharons house and had an evening of nibbles and chat. Catherine got there around 8:30 and I thought 'Well I've got work in the morning, I'll leave about 10:30 and that'll have given us a good 2 hours to talk'. Those of you that know me know I can talk the hind legs off a donkey...couple this with 2 wonderful friends who can also do this and before we knew it it was midnight....I dragged myself home and 5 and 1/2 hours after climbing into bed I got up for work!!

Friday was also great. Anne who cooks dinner for me every Thursday came to me for dinner as I'd been unable to go the evening before. She brought me flowers, which was very touching and then helped me weed the backyard!! How awesome is she!! It reminded me how we work together, in fellowship with God and one another. What ever our age, background etc, He calls us to work together for His kingdom.

The photo above I took on Saturday. I went over to Liverpool to spend the day with Rachael and we went to Lyme Park in Stockport for the day. It was lovely, Rachael had never been there before and as she is a fellow Pride and Prejudice fan she wanted to see where they'd filmed part of the series. Rachael loves ducks and I'd been puzzling over what to buy her for the house. Anyway there's a company called d.c.u.k that do wooden carved ducks and in the giftshop there was one there called Lewis, Rachaels surname. I knew I couldn't pass this up and now Lewis lives in her living room!!

Sunday I had a Eleri and Mirraelle over to lunch. Eleri has only been coming to our church a few months and I haven't had an oppurtunity to have a good chat to her, so this was a really good oppurtunity for a chat without having to rush off anywhere.

Monday was the bowling trip as I'd put about below....am still shocked by my score, thats a miracle for me!!

Tuesday Rachael and Helen came over for a Chinese. I am so envious of the summers they have planned. Helen is off to Belarus with Samaritans purse to work with young children in a camp and Rachael is off to Peru with Oak Hall/Scripture Union to help build an orphanage and see some of the country....hmmm would love to be doing something like that next summer.

Then last night I went to the cinema to see Pirates of the Caribbean with Kathy and Mike. They treated me as I'd helped Kathy out with some stuff last week. All this and I still somehow worked my 40 hours in the office!!

God has truly blessed me, all these people in my life and the great times and laughs that we have together. One friend has said that I'm not allowed to make her laaugh anymore as she laughs so much she ends up wheezing with her asthma!!

Don't know if you guys wanted to know all that (probably not ;-P) but I was aware that the enemy was beginning to wheedle his way back in with his lies about who I am and what people think of me. I suppose I needed to document my week to truly see how great God is and how much he blesses me. Also how He calls me to be a blessing to others.

No comments: