Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I have one of those flip-chart-daily-read-things on my desk in work which has a verse from the bible on it and a thought for the day. I'm catching up for the ones I missed over the weekend and this one really struck me. God has been teaching a lot over the past week or so how I can be lazy in my faith and take the easy route instead of the route that uses what He has givenme and has a reliance upon Him. Anyway i thought I'd post it and then you guys can post if you have any comments. Hope all well
~Blessings~

Using or Losing
Matthew 25:14-30
Well done, good and faithful servant!... (Matt 25:21)

How frustrated God must be when we misunderstand Him. If we want to hear God say 'Well done,' we need to avoid fear which paralyses and laziness which idles time away. We need to use our gifts with joyous abandon in order to give Him pleasure. No more hiding our talents, no more fear, no more excuses. He wants to see us valuing what He's given us.

No comments: