Wednesday, May 03, 2006

My pottery

Last weekend I went on the Healing through Creativity Course in Ellel Ministires in Lancaster. It was great fun. I had a go at so many things that I wouldn't normally have tried. Here are some of the photos below. These are the pottery ones as I couldn't get all the photos on one post for some reason.

This is the first pot that I made. It was my first time on the potters wheel and it was so much fun. (Amy, your parents better watch out at Thanksgiving, I think I'll just be in the potters shed all the time!) I am going to try and find an evening class in this area for pottery.



This was the second pot that I made. It amazed me that though you were given roughly the same size piece of clay, and everyone was given the same instructions as to how to mould the clay and make it into a pot, everyone's looked different; there were no 2 the same. Reminded me of the way God made us, individual, unique and special, no 2 the same.

These 2 were actually the first things that I made. I went into the pottery workshop and just sat there thinking what on earth I can do. So I came up with the idea of doing doorname plaques for Osian and Lowrie to put on their doors. Sadly I wish I had painted them twice but they still need to be fired and glazed so hopefully they'll lose that smudged look.

No comments: