Monday, June 05, 2006

Old friends

I went out for a lovely dinner last night with one of my old friends from school and her mum. It's amazing the comfort being with someone who knows every old thing about you. I've been friends with Joey since we went on a school holiday to Italy 10 years ago. I would then spend most Friday evenings round at her house and we'd go shopping with her and her mum on a Saturday. Moomin soon became my adoptive mum as it wasn't long since my mum had died.
Joey and I then lived together for a short time during University and the friendship has survived her working/travelling in New Zealand & Australia, my living in America, boys, other friendships and so much more. It was such a lovely evening full of laughter, memories and catching up with one another. It had been such a long time since the 3 of us had done that together, it brought so much comfort knowing that though we move on & grow up the bonds of friendship are still there.

The thing that really cracked me up was the birthday card (belated;-) that Joey gave me. I've included a picture of it here; you could hear my laughter resonating through Joey's house as I opened it. I hope you find it as funny as I did

~Blessings~

PS Becky R, we chatted about the fun we had with you 18 months ago on Boxing day and that sleep over for my birthday...such good memories!

No comments: