Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Mixture of embarassment and excitement

Monday evening saw me zooming off to Liverpool to pick up the lovely Miss Rachael and Miss Helen and then onto Manchester to the MEN arena to see Take That in concert.
For those of you that live over the pond, Take That were our Backstreet Boys in the 1990's when I was in my teenage years. Robbie Williams left the band and then they split 10 years ago. I absolutely loved them and thought that Mark Owen was the best thing since sliced bread! We were chatting about who was our favourite and Helen said that for her Mark never was, but he's probably about 4 inches smaller than her and is therefore the perfect height for me!!!!
As we were sitting there I was saying that I felt a mixture of embarassment (as I felt like I was 15 again!!) and excitement (I'd never seen them live when they were together the first time) ........the average age range there was mid 20's as we were all teenagers when they were first around.
Anyway they were fantastic.....I had an awesome time!!! It was more like a show than a concert and contained everything from rain coming down on the stage during the song 'Back for Good' and fire shooting out of the stage up to 20 feet during 'Relight my Fire'.....It was fantastic.
I eventually dropped the girls off in Liverpool at 11:50 and got home around 12:45.......needless to say I didn't get up for work at 6am yesterday and took the day off on leave!
Here are a couple of photos

No comments: