Sunday, February 04, 2007

Church.....


As many of you know there's been a bit of a shake up in our church as our elders are leaving (one has moved to Chester and the other is moving to New Zealand) and so they're putting together a transitional leadership team for the next 2 years while a number of things get sorted out. I was one of the ones that they asked to be on this team along with another wonderful man called Dave Chance.

Anyway Dan and Sharon told the church about 4 weeks ago and as there was no objection to the choice, Dave and I then had our "commissioning ceremony" a week last Sunday where the current leadership laid hands on us and prayed for us. So from left to right they are Dan (Pastor), Dave, Ray just behind Dave (current elder moving to New Zealand), Eunice (Ray's wife), myself and then Sharon.

It is such a privelage to be asked and very scary as well! I know though that this is something that God has been preparing me for and that I can only do it with His strength and Wisdom. Please pray for me over the coming weeks if you remember.

~blessings~

No comments: