Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My 101st post!!



Wow, can't believe I've been blogging this long!!

I was away this weekend on the women's weekend that was for our church and North Wales Coast Church (formerly Towyn Pentecostal Church). It was such a great weekend and I don't think I've laughed as much as I did over that 48 hours in such a long time. The weather was glorious and as you can see from this picture we were staying in a gorgeous part of Mid-Wales. The campsite was called Cefn Lea and is a Christian run Caravan/Campsite that also has chalets that you can stay in. That was where we were staying with an average of 4 people per chalet.

We arrived around 6:30 on Friday evening after stopping in Newtown for something to eat. We then went to our first meeting on the Friday evening which was a games/introduction session. Its random when you see someone and you think 'I know them from somewhere but I don't know where'. I was paired with this girl called Esther and I knew her face but had no idea from where. As it turned out she used to attend Wellspring Church in Rhyl and had been friends with John.....small world.

Saturday saw another glorious day and I suddenly realised that I needed to figure out what I was going to say in my testimony. Sharon had asked me the Sunday before and I just wanted to get it straight in my head. I also wanted to make sure that I was doing it for the Gods glory and not my own and that the Holy Spirit would guide me on what I was meant to share. As it turned out I shared a lot and though I was petrified when I got up there I soon settled into it. It seemed to bless so many people and everyone was very encouraging. What blew me away though was the way God used it to touch so many people there; things that people had gone through or are going through were part of what I'd been through so it's an encouragement to know that we're not alone.

The afternoon saw the laughter and madness arrive. Sandra, Kathy, Sharon and myself decided to go and have a game of glof. Though the temperature was really high (late 20's oC) there was such a high wind. The pitch and putt course in Cefn Lea is actuall on a hill, if you can believe it. So we trapse up this track to the start of the course and that was when all sanity disappeared!! We were so bad, each and every one of us. Kathy's golf ball ended up over the fence going down the other side of hill, another ended up in bracken where Sharon had to go through a gate to try and find it, I was horrific and managed to 360 degree spins as I attemped to hit the ball. After my third one of these on the run and then just hitting up a load of dirt I turn around to see Sharon on the ground doubled over in laughter. There was another point where Kathy had appeared to 'professionally' be practicing hitting the ball, stepped up to it and missed it completely. At this point Sandra laughed so much there were tears streaming down her face and she had the rest of us in fits.

It was just the funniest time that I've had in ages. There was more hilarious activities in the evening when myself, Gail and Mair B all did rolly-polly's down the bank outside our chalet after playing a game of sermons by charades with some other ladies.

I am so looking forward to next years!! (The teaching was also excellent over the weekend!!)

No comments: