Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Lake House

I went to see this movie with a friend on Friday night. Don't you just love those evenings of good company, good food and a good movie! My friend Becky and I work together (it's beyond a joke how many Becky's I know!) and we only really get to chat for 5 minutes or so when we see one another in work so it was lovely to go out for the evening with her and catch up properly.

We went to Bella Italia in Cheshire Oaks and I was saddedned to see that my favourite item on the menu was no longer there; the Marco Polo duck pizza. I mentioned to the waitress and she was saying that they were trying this new menu and it had only just begun this week. We said we'd need a few more minutes to decide but then she came back a little later and said that she'd spoken to the chef and that he was more than willing to make the pizza for me! You don't get many restaurants like that...so I would highly recommend this one!!

Anyway, the movie was a little slow to start with but boy was a trip down memory lane for me! There were all of these shots of Chicago and my eyes just filled up. There was the park that I remember wandering around with Becky (another one!) Hill and Emma Luckie when we first arrived in Chicago but had missed our train in Chicago to Holland; there was the bar that I am positive was the one Emma and I had lunch and drinks in when we were in Chicago for fall break (I recognised all the photos around the room and the little stainglass windows between the booths) and there was N Lake US 41 which I remember driving down with Aaron Otis last time I was in the US and we were heading up to Holland to Amy's. The memories just washed over me and there was such a longing to be over there again. There will always be a part of my heart that belongs to the USA....just trying to figure out whether God wants me over there on a long term basis, short term or to lay it down completely...

1 comment:

otomotis said...

come home, come home!!! :) can't wait to see you!!!