Monday, November 01, 2004

My plan v's His plan

Hmmm.....interesting night last night.
We'd arranged to take some of our youthgroup to an event in a nearby town where there was going to be a live band and a comedian. It was going to be (or so I thought) a mad day for me anyway as I was going to meet one of the youth for lunch, then take Rachael back to Liverpool and then return for a worship meeting in church and go onto the youth event. We went to the youth event and I have to admit that I couldn't be bothered. The music was loud (I'm getting old I know) there were about 70 people there, but in a huge cathedral they were lost so it looked like there was about 20 and the guy who was doing the sound appeared to be determined to trash any music that was being played. So Emma stood there and grumbled for an hour and half, focused more on what I thought were the bored looks on the faces of the 4 kids we had with us rather than thinking and pondering what God was going to do that evening. As my feet began to kill and I spotted one of our kids mums sitting at the back I decided to goa dn join her. We sat there giggling and chatting like naughty school girls while the comedian was doing his stuff. We'd promised to have our kids home by 10:30 and as the clock ticked by I became aware of the slim chance we'd have them home at this time! I was about to give Esther the nod to leave when the guy started his last magic trick. As he was doing this trick he spoke about choices and the proclaimed the gospel saying people had a choice to live seperated from God from eternity or the choice to confess sin, live with God and have eternal life. Me still focused on my watch nearly fell over when at the end 2 of our youth made commitments and went to the front to get some information on God and Jesus! I was bowled over and spent a long period of time apologising to God this morning for focusing on the things of this world and not having an expectant heart as to how he can move.
On the way home one of them that had made the commitment asked to be baptised as soon as possible and said that he fully understood the commitment he had made......he was going to do it in the club that Esther leads every Tuesday in the school but apparently this guy described it better and he understood it more!!!
What a fab evening!.......definately need a more expectant heart!
ELJ

1 comment:

otomotis said...

thanks so much for sharing... that's a powerful reminder of the kingdom of god vs. the kingdom of me.