Monday, January 24, 2011

Kingdom living

So there's a couple of things I've come to realise lately.........

One of them being that I much prefer hanging out with people who hang out with Jesus rather than do things for Jesus. This revelation came from a chat in cell group about where we (and God) gets the most pleasure - us hanging with Him or us doing things for Him? I was thinking of my friend Sarah - a fabulous woman that exudes the presence of God. She's so in love with Jesus it just drips from her every word and being. I find I have a jealousy in me when I'm around her. Previously the jealousy had simply been that -jealousy- not a motivator to encounter God in that way myself.

When I compare her with friends (or even myself 2 or 3 months ago) who need 6 weeks notice to get something in the diary because they're doing stuff for God - I realise what I want to be more like.

When I walk I want to leave "puddles of the Kingdom" behind me. I want my face to radiate as I think about Jesus and remember my most recent encounter with Him.

I want to see things from a Kingdom perspective instead of the warped perspective of a fallen world.

I want to know Jesus more, what makes him smile, what makes him laugh, what makes his heart break and how he thinks of me as an individual.

I'm hungry for more of Him - and want this hunger to continue.

I've realised how much of life has been caught up in the concerns and ways of this world and that I've lost focus over the past year. I've allowed that love of God to burn down and it all become intellectual.

I can't change this by striving.........I can only change this by resting in His presence, at his feet - and hopefully becoming one of those that exudes Jesus as she walks through the day.

No comments: