Friday, February 11, 2011

Things that made me smile.........

I know I haven't done this in a while and it can feel like everything is closing in with negativity when we choose not to see the good - so here are some thoughts from the past week or so

~ Chatting to Amy Otis DeGrau via Skype - meaning we could see one another. I've never used Skype before and was over the moon to actually see her and Rodrigo, as well as the petting zoo they have with 2 dogs and 2 cats! Apparently my laughter and screaming could be heard all over the house
~Sharing a coffee/Hot Chocolate with a member of my youth group after shopping in Costa coffee..........it was pouring with rain outside and it felt like we had a great 15 minutes of just chit chatting and people watching
~Helping friends move furniture out of there house on Saturday.......I wasn't that much of a help but it felt good to do some physical work after sitting in an office all week
~Sharing laughs and dinner with a friend on Wednesday evening as she cooked for me and we hung out
~Meeting Cassie Owens........my friends Ffion and Wyn had a baby girl on 4th February and I met her last night - she is precious and beautiful..........babies blow my mind!

So anyway - I need to restart this........I'm not going to put myself under any pressure that it will be a daily update here but I want to (once again!) refocus and see the good things in life and not just the storms.

Here's a great quote from Bill Johnson in the book Spiritual Java

" Let's not waste our miracles, either. Let's not watch God do something awesome, then give a little golf clap, a little 'amen', and walk away unchanged"

I want to be a God chaser, not miracle chaser - but the outworker of a God chaser will be to see Kingdom miracles around me.

No comments: