Monday, January 17, 2011

Time out with nature


So today could have been a Spring day it was so warm - am sure it was in double figues (Celsius) and felt quite mild - especially the walk that I took.

I decided to head up to the forest in Llandegla, Denbighshire as they have a Bike centre there with cycle trails as well as walking trails. I could see from their website that they had one about 2.5 miles long and so decided to head out on that. Can I just say......... it WAS NOT flat! Far from it, bit like going up hill and down dale! But I loved it. There was no one else around (a little creepy but I told myself to get over it!) and it gave me time to enjoy, think, pray and download some stuff I'd had buzzing through my head.

Anyway here's a picture of the reservoir that's about 1/2 way around the walk.

It really was an enjoyable walk and was rewarded with a coffee in Costa's afterwards.

Am realising that I need these time outs - to think, pray, exercise my lungs and just enjoy what is on my doorstep. It seems like such a chore when you're at home in the warmth, yet feels like such an acheivement when you've done it. I have 5 unassigned leave days that I need to take before 31st March, and as long as no emergency crops up, I'm going to use them for such days as this........... to refresh my soul

No comments: