Friday, May 07, 2010

post continued

So here are the rest of the pictures.

The next one is of a cake I baked for a friend back at the end of March. She was moving into a new house so I made a three tiered Carrot and Walnut cake covered in cream cheese frosting from the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook. We left it in her kitchen while we were at work so that why it looks like its sloped a little to one side - because the kitchen was warm......I have to say, it's a yummy cake.

The next is the most recent photo of my 2 nieces Lowri (at the back) and Seren. They are like rays of sunshine and I love them so much. I love that I can have conversations with Lowri now and she is so passionate about mundane things, like a tv character or an event that happened - love it!

Of course I couldn't publish one of the 2 girls without publishing one of Osian so here he is......cheeky grin and all. Whenever I go there the first thing they ask is whether I'll go on the trampoline with them......honestly if you could see me in my work clothes bouncing on this trampoline with them, it's hilarious, but I love it - they keep me young!


I had to publish a couple of photos from last weekend when I visited Ramona and Matt in Caen, France. What an amazing blessing. They travel back to the States in July for them both to start new jobs so I knew that this was going to be one of the last oppurtunities that I'd have to see them both until who knows when. I don't think Ramona and I stopped talking from the moment we met to the time I left, except for sleep. It was like trying to cram 2 years of catch up, hopes, dreams and memories into 48 hours......so bittersweet as it was too short.



So I will attempt to promise now to be more regular and thorough with updates - there is a sense of satisfaction in updating this. It may only be musings and ramblings at times, but I must do it - use it as my outlet or sounding board for myself.

2 comments:

otomotis said...

a three tier carrot cake is pretty ambitious!!! i'm sure it tasted even better than it looked.... and it looked GOOD!!!

i'll be checking on this regularity thing....making sure you still keep the world informed of what's happening in the land of emmers!

Ems said...

Will do.....though probably won't share the embarassing parts - such as the incident at the physiotherapists!!! xx