Monday, May 31, 2010

Photographs

So I was working in Picasa on some photos the other day and realised there was this option where you could 'tag' people in photos.......it's a little more sophisticated than the one in facebook which you have to manually tag people on. In Picasa you tag someone once and then the software will search through all your photos and find other photos of this person and ask you to confirm or not the selection.

What was interesting was how many faces it picked up in the background.....the software would ask me the name of the person and whether I wanted to tag them........

It got me thinking - how many peoples pictures am I in the background of that I'll never know about; a simple click of a button and you're captured in someone else's world for what could be years.......what are these peoples stories in the background of our photos......are they happy......are they even with us in this world anymore.........

It's a bit like the seven degrees of separation idea - that we're only a maximum of 7 people away from someone else........

Anyway, just me and my random musings again!!

No comments: