Wednesday, May 26, 2010

learning to live better.......

So recently the phrase thats been going through my head is one from Lord of the Rings. It's from the part where Bilbo informs Gandalf that he's planning to go away and he says something similar to below
"I feel thin...sort of stretched, like butter spread over too much bread. I need a holiday. A very long holiday"
Truthfully, I know it's not a holiday that I need but to get a handle on my lack of time management.......I find myself "relaxing" in front of the TV which does nothing to refresh or relax me..........and also on my lack of ability to say no at times.
So I know I have to put other activities in place - I haven't done my card making in a while, it feels like ages since I've finished a book (I get half way through and get caught in something else or lose interest), I've had sewing projects on the go since last summer that I need to continue with.........
So hopefully, having put it on here, will give me some kind of spur onto do these things.......I know I need to do these things.....therefore feel free to ask how it's going!!!

1 comment:

otomotis said...

yes, yes, yes!!! i want that.... :) a long holiday.... and the ability to take up new things that inspire me and take my focus off of other stuff.... stretched thin.... that's a good definition for the last 6 months.... now, it's time to bounce back.