Saturday, February 09, 2008

Jo's wedding-New Years Eve

My friend Joey I've known for about 18 years, though we've been good friends for about 11 years including living together in University. She's a great friend, full of enthusiasm and passion. Damian (her now husband) proposed to her when we are at Ffion and Wyns wedding in June last year and she managed to get her wedding organised for New Years Eve. It was a beautiful affair and the reception was held in the very posh Wood Hall near Wheterby in Yorkshire and rivaled the Affinia that we stayed in in Chicago last year (I nearly fell off my chair when I got my bar bill of £26/$52 for 4 drinks). Anyway the weather held and we all had a great day. Rather than post pictures here as there are too many to choose from, if you want to have a look at the photos then you can click here and it will direct you to the ones I have I on my Facebook account.

It was a gorgeous day and a great way to spend New Years Eve, particularly as there were fireworks at midnight. I was glad to catch up with my friend Sherine and we were both saying how bittersweet weddings were; you were over the moon and rejoicing for these friends that were getting married but it always posed the question "When is it going to be my turn?". That desire within me to be a wife and a mother hasn't diminished and I continue to wait on God for his direction and fulfillment of that plan.

No comments: