Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My Dad and his gadgets!


I just had to blog about this little thing. My Dad keeps ordering things from those little magazines that you get in the newspaper. So far he's ordered a feather mattress topper, 3 pairs of trousers, a pair of shoes, a single persons deep fat fryer and now this which would you believe is a single persons cooker!! I will explain...
The black tray on the top is the frying pan; when you open the glass door you have both a grill and an oven in there; on the side there is a coffee machine and the jug is enough for a cup of coffee for one person and the finale is that there is a built in radio!!
I was chatting to him today and asking whether or not he'd used it; he was quite excited to tell me that he'd used the radio and that was fantastic...he was then slow to admit that he was a little nervous about using the rest of it, but reitterated that the radio was fantastic!! Bless him!

I had an awesome conversation with him yesterday when he admitted that he thought God had a lot to do with the fact that he gave up alcohol last year......you know when you have one of those moments when you're quiet on the outside but on the inside you are jumping up and down.....it was definitely one of those moments as this is a huge step for my Dad to take! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so this is sad. The last time I was able to view any blogs was "Shoes and Gardens" (12 Sept.). Seriously, what is the world coming to?!! Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the blogging on Hope Ladies either. Speak to you soon, though!

-A. Becky