Monday, September 12, 2005

I survived!

It really wasn't that bad I promise. The weather wasn't the best but you are 350 mtrs above sea level at the camp site, before you start walking anywhere. The photo on the left is of Tryfan. We were camping at the base of this mountain. It is such a stunning area and you feel as if you are cut off from civilisation, it's fantastic!






This photo is from the campsite we were staying on looking West and through the valley over Llyn Ogwen. Sadly I am not a hardy camper at all and whereas you had other people camping in little 2 man tents and cooking outside whatever the weather; Esther, Jon and I were in a 6 man tent with duvets, sleeping bags, airbeds, camping cooker and coolbox!





While we were there we began to see the effects of Jon being by himself for a period of time. Not only was he obsessed with the flies around the tent (going into great detail explaining how they attacked and got into the tent) he had also named the sheep on the footpath behind the campsite and the horse that was in the field over the stream. I now introduce you to Herbie the sheep (Sadly I didn't get a photo of Steve the horse!)




Though it appears that the weather was bad, and it would have been lovely to have done some walking up the hills, the way the clouds shifted and changed was amazing and the views it created was spectacular. Sadly I am not very good with a camera and I don't think that a camera could fully show the amazing colours we saw, but here is a taste.

No comments: