Thursday, December 16, 2004

Where i am at the moment

How is everyone? Well I hope.
Just thought I'd give an update on things going on in my life at the moment.
Dad - He came off his binge a week last Monday, I think anyway. Detox was nothing like what it normally is; shakes, sickness, sweats, hallucinations etc and so I wonder whether he was still on a small amount of alcohol even though he said that he had come off it. I didn't really stay with him when he was coming off the alcohol. I had promised to take a friend to a job interview she had and then drive her back to Liverpool. I also didn't want to help him too much as this would have taken personal responsibility away from him; he would have been doing it because I was there helping him rather than him wanting to do it. I spoke to him the following day to find out what he was going to do about the alcohol as he couldn't carry on like this and his response was "Emma, do you really think I am going to go over Christmas without having a drink?" I knew then that he felt no remorse or realisation of what he is doing to himself and other people.
The Monday evening as he began to sober up he became the overbearing father again, ringing me on the way back from Liverpool to check I was OK and saying that he worries about me and I should let him know I am OK. Firstly, I am nearly 26, secondly I have lived in Liverpool, America, travelled most of Britain, travelled a small amount of America and thirdly HE COULDN'T HAVE GIVEN TO FIGS ABOUT ME WHEN HE WAS LYING IN BED SURROUNDED BY BEER CANS THE WEEK BEFORE!!!! I crave the day when I can I have my independence back but for now I know I am to live at home.
So we are now in the place we have been for the past 3 years. I come in after youth group / bible study / anything.......he's had a few drinks and doesn't want to speak incase I figure out he's had a few drinks (not that I can't figure it out myself!!) so he goes in a mood with me......I think I could handle it better if he were a happy drinker but drink just makes him depressed and feeling even more sorry for himself!
The rest of my family - Probably not best to go there at the moment......there just seems to be argument after argument between my brother and my Dad. My brothers girlfriend and I know to keep out of things like that as it will all calm down and they will be speaking again soon, but there is another member of her family that doesn't keep out of it and so enticed my brother into ringing my Dad and threatening to beat him up and kill him if he saw him the other day. Oh happy days!!! I then had to put up with another member of Amanda's family ringing up and informing me that the reason Dad was drinking so much was that he was lonely and he only really had me as I was his "real daughter" and my brother was adopted so wasn't really my Dads son....I hit the roof when he said this to me and praise the Lord his credit ran out on is phone before I really let rip.
Me - I am doing well at the moment though not a lover of this time of year. A few strange things have happened lately and I am having to put a hold on them as I figure out why they have happened and what they are meant to do with them.
Firstly a guy sent me a box of chocolates in work. He is from our a company that supplies the system we work on and is based in the South of the Country. He came up for the day to install an upgrade of the system. The following day we were in contact by e-mail and they had screwed part of the system up on their end. He asked whether a box of chocolates would make amends, so i replied with yes and I was looking forward to the box of chocolates. to my astonishment a large box arrived on my desk a week later with a huge box of chocolates in their, from a well known and expensive chocolate company and there were about 40 in the box so not cheap. I e-mailed to thank him and then we have e-mailed sporadically over the past few weeks regarding works issues but also including jokey / personal stuff like what we're up to for Christmas. I know for most people this would seem like harmless flirting, but is it a good witness? I don't even know if he is a Christian and would not date him unless he was.....Why did this happen? I know it only seems small to most people but I don't want to get hurt / hopes up, I don't want to hurt someone else and I want to be part of Gods plan not my own. I crave a partner so much but I don't want to fall into any pits where it's not part of the great plan God has for me.
Secondly the job issue. Where am I going? At the moment I have no idea but suddenly there seems to be a burning desire within me to learn academically more about the bible. I have a sudden craving for either bible school or to do a Masters (grad school) and this seems to have come out of the blue. It is something I have often pondered on but not something I have ever really considered in depth......is it something God wants me to do? I don't know.
Thirdly, I need to get away for a weekend. I am going to try and save me money and then find somewhere to go and just have time out by myself. No phone, computer, TV ,just me and my bible. It's now finding the time and money to do that.
Anyway I hope that this hasn't bored you too much, it' s pretty much where I'm at at the moment.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and all the best for the new year.
God bless
Emma x x

1 comment:

otomotis said...

hey, waukazoo woods is always open for you to visit!!! :) pip and strudel would love to see you, as would i!!!