Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Friday nights

Another friends post really!
I had some friends come over from Liverpool for the weekend and it was great. We went out to an Italian for dinner on Friday evening and laughed our way through 3 courses and coffee afterwards.
It really struck me how blessed I am to be in the position I am in at the moment. I know there are many things in my life I wish were different; I'd hoped I wouldn't still be living at home, I wish I was in a job that challenged me more and was more people orientated and I struggle with my singleness. But then I sat there thinking about the fact that yes I am single, but that means I am not having to consult with someone when is a good time to go out. Yes I am living at home but that means that I do not have the financial burdens that some other people do and that I am able to go out with friends and have a really nice meal (though bless her a friend actually paid for my meal!)
It just struck me that though these have been a tough past few weeks, Gods plan is really much better than my own. The only issue is whether I decide to see those blessingsand be thankful for them or whether I decide to focus on what I don't have and what I want.

No comments: