Saturday, April 04, 2009

Baking for money!!

It's not that the recession is that bad that I've had to take on a second job I promise!!
More to do with the fact that we've now booked to take 9 youth and 4 leaders including myself to Romania in the summer to help with a charity called Project Romanian Rescue. We'll be there for 8 days and will be doing both practical work and social work with the kids of the charity. I'm excited and majorly nervous at the same time!!
It's costing about £500 per head to go and all the leaders have to raise/provide their own money. I am therefore baking for the lovely people in my workplace and recommending a doantion of £1 per cake. It's been going really well, I've done it twice so far and each time raised around £75. So hopefully I'll be baking tomorrow afternoon and doing another stall on Monday morning. It's actually quite enjoyable and a great way to raise the profile of the youth group and illustrate that not all youth are 'bad' as the media often portrays them!! Here are some pictures I took of the one I did before Christmas! There was Chocolate Brownies, Mini Victoria Sponges, Lemon Drizzle cake, Cupcakes with green icing to make the Christmas tree and Coffee andWalnut cake......mmmmm......delicious!!









No comments: