Friday, January 27, 2006

Comfort........

Strange the things that bring comfort to us.

I've had a rough week or so due to different things and this morning was a particular low point. I needed some kind of comfort and familiarity. For me, this need takes me to a place called Abakhan fabrics. It is a place that sells material, fabrics, gifts, stencils, cross stitch and so much more.
I love to go there and look at all the Bridal collection in the vain hope that someday it will be me. Walking downstairs of the old mill, on the cobbled floor reminds me so much of my mum; it's wierd but it's often this place that I have my strongest memories of her and not so much home. There is a certain smell in the place due to all the fabrics that has not changed for the 20 years of my life I've been going there.
It's wierd but it's a place I don't really like going with other people. It's my place. I'm not rushed there or mocked for the things I'm looking at and I can be just me.
And so off I toddled this morning just in search of some solitude, thought time and inspiration as well. Can't say that I found the inspiration but I do feel a lot better for having been.

Does this make any sense?!?!? No worries if it doesn't, I just wanted to post:-)

1 comment:

otomotis said...

it's good to have places like that.... places to escape from... where you can let down your guard and just meander.... thinking.... waiting.... dreaming.... it's places like that that are the most 'real' places in life... sometimes our most vulnerable spots... and it's good that the Lord meets us in places like that too.....

funny.... for me it was always sitting in the horse stable... the smell of hay, the warm breath of a horse near my head... the comfort of just being....